Discover Our School
As the Education Director, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you.
The Owls’ Nest International School is a child centred environment, where every student matters. Primary school education should be an enriching experience that inspires a life-long love of learning and enquiry.
We encourage and enable our children to think independently, to be confident in their own abilities and to develop into individuals who are caring and confident. Small classes, individual attention, sound preparation and a happy but hardworking atmosphere are included in the overall philosophy of the school.
I hope you will find our website a useful source of information. Most of all, I hope it inspires you to visit us and find out for yourself what makes us such an exceptional school.
I look forward to meeting you soon.
We aim to provide students with an excellent academic curriculum and a nurturing environment, with close student-teacher relationships offering a stimulating and supportive environment in which to learn.
- Providing an excellent broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated education, which follows and complements the British National Curriculum of England.
- Fostering a spirit of international awareness and understanding, within the whole school community, encouraging mutual respect and positively influencing the lives of our students.
- Creating a vibrant centre for learning.
- Providing the local and expatriate community in Ghana with quality, affordable education, where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Employing a professional Education Director, who has broad international experience and a combination of British and Ghanaian qualified teaching staff, to provide the educational delivery.
- Promoting good behaviour, self discipline, respect and cooperation with others.
- Developing in our students the qualities and skills necessary to become confident, self- motivated, independent people.
- Creating a dynamic learning community which encourages, challenges curiosity, intellectual achievement, enjoyment and the realization of each student’s potential.
- Celebrating achievements.
- Fostering a sense of balance, commitment and pride in the school by creating an ethos of inclusiveness, helping children to feel comfortable in their learning environment.